When you look at your email lists, what percentage is comprised of millenials? If your response is not much, you should consider recruiting more millennials to your list. Take a look at the infographic below that shows how diverse and engaged millenials are. Unfortunately, this age group is often seen as slackers and apatheic. But millennials are very politically aware and I think that they are great demographic to cultivate, especially if your organization is focused on advocacy issues.
Millennial Statistics You Need to Know
- 66% of millennials voted for President Obama in the last election compared to 50% of Gen Xers and Boomers.
- 41% of millennials say they are satisfied with the direction of the country.
- While 50% say that President Obama has not changed how Washington works, only 25% blame it on the President. They blame the political opposition for being so divisive.
- 40% of millennials are in college – a time when many people start exploring and learning more about politics and social justice issues.
- If you are looking to reach millennials 75% use social networking sites.
Millenials are Less Green than Gen Xers
An interesting point to note is that research shows that millennials are slightly less green then Gen Xers.
- 69% recycle as opposed to 77% of Gen Xers.
- 53% buy green as opposed to 55% of Gen Xers
- 36% purchase organic products as opposed to 38% of Gen Xers.
Created by: OnlineGraduatePrograms.com