LinkedIn can help consultants build business, demonstrate areas of expertise and leverage existing networks (clients, alumni, etc.)
- Keep in touch and up to date with past and present clients and co-workers through Network Updates, Status, etc. One day they may be in position to hire you for a project.
- Make it easy for potential clients to find you in the service provider directory by getting recommended.
- Include your vanity URL in RFP responses, so potential clients can quickly and easily see common connections, who can provide additional perspective.
- Connect with relevant professionals you meet while traveling who you think could be important contacts in the future. Don’t take the chance that you might lose their business card.
- Ask to be introduced to other professionals, businesses or potential clients through people in your network. LinkedIn allows you to do some research. You can often see who your contacts are connected to, so you can find potential clients or partners and ask your contacts to make an introduction.
It can be difficult to find the right expert advice given that many projects are so far-reaching and complex.
Tap into the human capital within your firm to quickly find experts/contractors when you need additional help.
- Use Advanced Search to find practitioners within your firm and in industry at-large that have the right expertise to round out your team.
- Vet external experts by steering towards those that have been previously used by your firm.
Manage your reputation in a credible, professional manner.
- Use LinkedIn Answers to demonstrate your expertise. LinkedIn Answers allows you to give and receive business related advice. You can show your expertise on a subject by passing on knowledge and insight to the community. This helps to brand you as an expert in your field, helping you to generate new contacts and business opportunities.
- Who you are connected to is a signal to relationships, and influential figures can help you project added credibility.
- Recommendations on your profile speak to the actual experience past colleagues and clients have had working with you.
LinkedIn for Fundraising Consultants: A Sampling of Groups to Monitor
Join the conversation! We’d love to hear about innovative ways you’ve used social media to market yourself and/or your organization…